Featured Post

Yuh Tek Mi Fi Journey Jackass

A "Journey Jackass" this is not! Winter scene in Quebec City Yuh tek mi fi journey jackass. It's been a while!  ...

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Yu A Mek Pavement Fi Monkey Skip





"Yu a mek payvement fi monkey skip".

Translation:  You are making pavement for monkey to skip.

What does this mean?  I nearly fell off my chair when my friend, upon enquiring why a certain friend and her child's father broke up she blurted out "her aunt didnt like him, she thought Mabel (not the real name) was too good for John (not his real name) and she used to say - heh, Mabel a mek payvement fi monkey skip"!  Mabel was a hard working woman, working two jobs, John was somewhat of a playboy, so the aunt thought Mabel was working so hard to make life easy for John. 

That was the very first time I was hearing this proverb, I had to ask my friend to repeat it sevaral times - and of course, I couldnt stop laughing.  How these old folks come up with some of these proverbs is beyond my imagination!

Enjoy, and remember, dont do all the work by yourself, it will be appreciated more when those you are working for have skin in the game.

Blessings,

MissSam
March 8, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment